Food This Hack Will Forever Change the Way You Peel Potatoes
This Genius Hack Will Change the Way You Store Peanut Butter
<p>There is a brilliant way to keep the oil and peanuts mixed together</p>Are you nuts about peanuts? You’re not alone. The average American eats three pounds of peanut butter a year, according to the Texas Peanut Board. Plus, peanut butter packs a huge nutritional punch, helping you fight heart disease and boost your brainpower.
When I saw a trick for removing potato skins by slipping them off without using the dreaded vegetable peeler, I knew I had to try it immediately to see if it worked. YouTube user Foody Tube'sclaims you can skip the peeling process before boiling the potatoes and, instead, squeeze the skin straight off the potatoes once they're fully cooked. It sounds almost too good to be true, but guess what? It works.
Here's how to do it right:
Using a sharp knife, pierce the skin only and draw a line all the way around the center of the potato. Do this quickly by twirling the potato around with one hand while keeping the knife steady in the other.
This Banana Has an Edible Peel
This Banana Has an Edible PeelWith what is essentially a built-in carrying case, bananas are already one of the most convenient fruits around. But what if the peel itself was edible too? The wild world that must be springing up within your imagination at the thought just got even wilder, because it just so happens to be the world in which we already live, thanks to the Mongee banana (pronounced mon-gay), created by D&T Farm of Japan.
Transfer the potatoes to a giant pot of cold water (cover the potatoes by at least an inch of water). Boil the potatoes until they are fork tender, then drain them. Once they're cool enough to touch, peel the potato skin from each side of the punctured line you created. And voilà - the skin will slide off effortlessly! Not only does this drastically speed up the process for making mashed potatoes, but it also makes cleanup a lot less stressful. Once you try this cooking method, you'll probably never go back. You're on your way to the quickest and bestof your life.
Related gallery: The Pioneer Woman's Most Popular Casseroles Will Inspire You to Cook
The Perfect Way to Roast a Potato, According to Math
If you're chopping your potatoes into even quarters before tossing them in the oven, you're missing out on a whole lot of crisp.First, they started off with the celebrity chef Heston Blumenthal’s recipe for roasted potatoes. Then, they tried to improve upon it by maximizing the amount of potato surface area they could achieve during the slicing process.
- The Pioneer Woman. It's easy to see why this side dish of cheesy, comforting potatoes with a potato-chip topping is Ree's most popular casserole recipe. Get the recipe:Ree Drummond's funeral potatoes" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/12/slide-1-of-14-ever-heard-of-funeral-potatoes-the-popular-dish-originated-in-the-mormon-community-the_208619_.jpg?content=1" title="Ever heard of funeral potatoes? The popular dish "originated in the Mormon community. They called it... - TiffanyAure" />
- Ree Drummond's twice baked potato casserole" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/12/slide-2-of-14-the-pioneer-woman-ingeniously-turns-twice-baked-potatoes-into-a-casserole-thats-perfec_587931_.jpg?content=1" title="The Pioneer Woman ingeniously turns twice-baked potatoes into a casserole that's perfect for feeding... - Well Plated" />
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Ree Drummond's cheesy hash brown casserole" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/12/slide-3-of-14-hash-brown-casserole-is-a-classic-southern-breakfast-that-cant-be-beat-what-makes-ree-_642990_.jpg?content=1" title="Hash brown casserole is a classic Southern breakfast that can't be beat. What makes Ree Drummond's s... - Well Plated" />
Hash Brown Casserole
- Ree Drummond's green bean casserole" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/12/slide-4-of-14-youll-want-to-bookmark-this-popular-green-bean-casserole-recipe-for-thanksgiving-and-b_620437_.jpg?content=1" title="You'll want to bookmark this popular green bean casserole recipe for Thanksgiving and beyond. Instea... - Well Plated" />
Green Bean Casserole
- Ree Drummond's chicken cordon bleu casserole" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/12/slide-5-of-14-all-the-classic-elements-of-chicken-cordon-bleu-chicken-swiss-cheese-ham-and-a-creamy-_505243_.jpg?content=1" title="All the classic elements of chicken cordon bleu (chicken, swiss cheese, ham, and a creamy sauce) com... - Well Plated" />
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Ree Drummond's turkey tetrazzini" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/12/slide-6-of-14-tetrazzini-is-an-american-dish-usually-made-with-spaghetti-chicken-and-a-creamy-white-_147322_.jpg?content=1" title="Tetrazzini is an American dish usually made with spaghetti, chicken, and a creamy white wine sauce. ... - Well Plated" />
- Ree Drummond's corn casserole with red bell peppers and jalapeños" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/12/slide-7-of-14-a-five-ingredient-dinner-that-couldnt-be-easier-is-rees-corn-casserole-with-corn-red-b_608965_.img?content=1" title="A five-ingredient dinner that couldn't be easier is Ree's corn casserole with corn, red bell peppers... - Well Plated" />
- Ree Drummond's chicken tortilla casserole" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/12/slide-8-of-14-like-chicken-tortilla-soup-in-casserole-form-the-pioneer-womans-popular-mexican-inspir_321528_.jpg?content=1" title="Like chicken tortilla soup in casserole form, the Pioneer Woman's popular Mexican-inspired dinner ut... - Well Plated" />
Chicken Tortilla Casserole
- Ree Drummond's Mexican rice casserole" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/12/slide-9-of-14-a-vegetarian-casserole-that-even-meat-eaters-will-love-is-rees-mexican-rice-casserole-_304165_.jpg?content=1" title="A vegetarian casserole that even meat-eaters will love is Ree's Mexican rice casserole, which is pac... - Well Plated" />
Mexican Rice Casserole
- Get the recipe:Ree Drummond's wild rice casserole" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/12/slide-10-of-14-theres-no-can-of-cream-of-soup-in-the-pioneer-womans-broccoli-wild-rice-casserole-whi_858404_.jpg?content=1" title="There's no can of "cream of" soup in the Pioneer Woman's broccoli wild rice casserole, which gets it... - Well Plated" />
Broccoli Wild Rice Casserole
- leek and potato casserole" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/12/slide-11-of-14-potatoes-are-a-common-theme-among-rees-most-popular-casseroles-and-this-cheesy-casser_947427_.jpg?content=1" title="Potatoes are a common theme among Ree's most popular casseroles, and this cheesy casserole with fres... - Well Plated" />
Leek and Potato Casserole
- cheesy refried bean casserole" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/12/slide-12-of-14-popular-for-obvious-reasons-hello-tequila-and-cheese-this-mexican-casserole-can-be-se_486944_.jpg?content=1" title="Popular for obvious reasons (hello, tequila and cheese), this Mexican casserole can be served as a d... - Picasa" />
Cheesy Refried Bean Casserole
- Ree Drummond's hominy casserole" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/12/slide-13-of-14-hominy-is-like-giant-corn-kernels-and-it-makes-an-excellent-base-in-this-unexpected-c_96736_.img?content=1" title="Hominy is like giant corn kernels, and it makes an excellent base in this unexpected casserole. Get ... - Well Plated" />
- Ree Drummond's cheese grits casserole" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/12/slide-14-of-14-last-but-not-least-the-pioneer-womans-cheese-grits-casserole-is-a-must-try-for-anyone_576888_.jpg?content=1" title="Last but not least, the Pioneer Woman's cheese grits casserole is a must try for anyone who's never ... - Well Plated" />
Cheese Grits Casserole
12 Sheet Pan Chicken Recipes For Everyone Who Hates Doing Cleanup .
Some people are just not emotionally equipped to handle kitchen cleanup with any level of chill. Take my mother, for example. Every time I cook dinner at her house, she trails inches behind me with a kitchen towel, crouching on the floor and obsessively buffing the “oil slick” that has radiated from the electric stovetop and landed on the hardwood floors in a thin mist. If left unattended, some sock-footed member of my family will undoubtedly slip, banana-peel style, and I’ll be blamed. I can’t handle this pressure anymore, so I’m only making sheet pan dinners for my parents from this point forward.
Super Quick Potato Peeling! - Life Hack
How to peel potatoes really quickly. This simple trick show you a speedy way to peel your potatoes without using a peeler. Great if you've got a lot of potatoes to peel. You need to boil the...
Tyler Florence's Hack Will Forever Change the Way You Make Mashed Potatoes
Tyler Florence's Hack Will Forever Change the Way You Make Mashed Potatoes Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd-NQWUmDGH6Gq4XXWV2JcA Food Network chef Tyler Florence shared his mashed...
Tuesday, 13 march 2018
Netflix's new baking show "Nailed It!" was inspired by a popular meme in which people document their wildly unsuccessful attempts to follow Pinterest recipes. In each episode, three home bakers try their best to recreate elaborate cakes, treats, and more.The results are […]
Tuesday, 13 march 2018
Cracker Barrel Launches Three New Menu Items Designed to Delight SouthernersAvailable nationwide March 19th for $8.99 each, the comfort food maestros will be launching three seasonal "Southern Bowls" that riff on traditional favorites. First, there's the Fried Chicken Benedict bowl […]
Wednesday, 07 march 2018
A McDonald's in Lynwood, California, has turned its golden-arches sign upside down. The change was made in "celebration of women everywhere," according to the company.People driving by a McDonald's location in Lynwood, California, might be baffled by a sign that has been […]
Tuesday, 13 february 2018
<p>If a piece of the appliance is removable, pull that sucker off and wash it after use. Ideally, every use.</p>Here’s a good rule of thumb when it comes to cleaning kitchen appliances: If a piece of the appliance is removable, pull that sucker off and wash it after use. Ideally, […]
Monday, 26 february 2018
After a month and a half of submissions and a long waiting period, the Pillsbury Bake-Off 2018 finally has a winner. On Saturday (February 24), Pillsbury announced that Amy Nelson of Zionville, North Carolina, has won the Bake-Off with her Bejeweled Cranberry-Orange Rolls. After a […]
Monday, 12 march 2018
First Banana Nut, now Peach Cheerios is on a fruit kick.Starting this month, limited edition Peach Cheerios will roll out in grocery stores nationwide. They're expected to stay in stores throughout spring, so you can transition from Peach Cheerios to another limited edition gem, […]
Thursday, 22 february 2018
Despite its pancakes being some of the best around, IHOP does more than just fluffy flapjacks . This secret menu contains some pretty surprising additions, actually. That being said, the next time you find yourself at the breakfast chain, here's what you should be ordering off the IHOP […]
Thursday, 22 february 2018
Alright, alright, alright…it’s time for a Carl’s Jr. rebrand and they pulled out all the stops to advertise their western bacon cheeseburger. Trying their best to deviate from scantily-clad women eating gigantic burgers (two things that do not necessarily have much to do with each other) […]