Entertainment 'Charles in Charge' Star Alexander Polinsky Accuses Scott Baio of Child Abuse

22:15  14 february  2018
22:15  14 february  2018 Source:   hollywoodreporter.com

Nicole Eggert Says She Contemplated Suicide During Alleged Abuse From Scott Baio (Exclusive)

  Nicole Eggert Says She Contemplated Suicide During Alleged Abuse From Scott Baio (Exclusive) Nicole Eggert is opening up to ET after she filed a police report against her former 'Charles in Charge' co-star Scott Baio on Tuesday. Eggert alleges Baio sexually abused her starting when she was 14 years old, and he was 25.The actress filed a police report against her former Charles in Charge co-star, Scott Baio, on Tuesday, after publicly alleging that Baio sexually abused her for years, starting when she was 14 years old. Baio has previously denied Eggert's sexual abuse allegations, saying she is "provably wrong" and "deliberately lying.

Alexander Polinsky is alleging child abuse and sexual harassment at the hands of Charles in Charge star Scott Baio , the second of Baio 's The pair were joined by Nicole Eggert, Polinsky 's Charles in Charge co- star , who has accused Baio of sexually abusing her as a minor and who was

— Alexander Polinsky (@ Alex _ Polinsky ) December 3, 2017. For 30 years I’ve held in the embarrassment and shame of being abused Scott Baio 's Reps Call Latest Misconduct Allegations a Media Witch Hunt. Second Charles in Charge Actor Accuses Scott Baio of Sexual Misconduct.

What to watch next
  • a tall building: Owner Says Mansion Featured in ‘American Horror Story’ Is Attracting Crazy Fans

    Owners of 'American Horror Story' mansion are suing over fan harassment

    Inside Edition Logo
    Inside Edition
    1:44
  • Chadwick Boseman standing in front of a store: 'Black Panther' set to break barriers

    'Black Panther' set to break barriers

    CNN Logo
    CNN
    1:52
  • a woman posing for a picture: Umm...That's Not a Wax Figure of Beyonce!

    Umm...that's not a wax figure of Beyonce!

    Buzz60 Logo
    Buzz60
    1:05
  • Reality show celebs tell us their worst Valentine's Day disasters

    Reality show celebs tell us their worst Valentine's Day disasters

    US Weekly Logo
    US Weekly
    3:47
  • Leonardo DiCaprio in a white shirt: Our favorite 90's boy crushes

    Our favorite 90's boy crushes

    Hello Giggles Logo
    Hello Giggles
    1:05
  • Tour the chapel where Prince Harry will marry Meghan Markle

    Tour the chapel where Prince Harry will marry Meghan Markle

    Inside Edition Logo
    Inside Edition
    0:45
  • a man and a woman standing in front of a cake: Prince Harry, Meghan To Take Carriage Ride After Ceremony

    Prince Harry, Meghan to take carriage ride after ceremony

    Wochit News Logo
    Wochit News
    0:38
  • Molly Shannon smiling for the camera: Molly Shannon Gushes Over 'Supportive' Sarah Jessica Parker (Exclusive)

    Molly Shannon sticks up for 'supportive' co-star Sarah Jessica Parker

    ETonline Logo
    ETonline
    1:28
  • a person standing on a stage: 'DWTS' contestant was trapped in lifeless body

    'DWTS' contestant was trapped in lifeless body

    CNN Logo
    CNN
    2:32
  • a man and woman posing for a picture: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's new movie

    Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's new movie

    CNN Logo
    CNN
    1:26
  • a man standing in front of a mirror posing for the camera: 'Mission: Impossible -- Fallout' Features Tom Cruise's Most Dangerous Stunt Yet -- Watch!

    Watch Tom Cruise's most dangerous stunt yet

    ETonline Logo
    ETonline
    2:41
  • Agnès Varda wearing a suit and tie: 89-Year-Old Oscar Nominee Sends Cardboard Cutouts of Herself to Photo-Op

    Oscar nominee sends cardboard cutouts of herself to photo-op

    Inside Edition Logo
    Inside Edition
    1:01
  • a man wearing a suit and tie: Where the Cast of 'Frasier' is Now

    Where the cast of 'Frasier' is now

    Inside Edition Logo
    Inside Edition
    1:51
  • John Mahoney wearing a suit and tie: 'Frasier' Actor John Mahoney Dies at 77

    'Frasier' actor John Mahoney dies at 77

    Inside Edition Logo
    Inside Edition
    1:15
  • Meghan Markle's TV dad dishes on 'code' they used to talk about Harry

    Meghan Markle's TV dad dishes on 'code' they used to talk about Harry

    Buzz60 Logo
    Buzz60
    0:59
  • Anna Nicole Smith's former doctor speaks out

    Anna Nicole Smith's former doctor speaks out

    FOX News Logo
    FOX News
    0:54
UP NEXT
UP NEXT

(Video provided by CBS Los Angeles)

Charles in Charge's Alexander Polinsky Accuses Scott Baio of Physical Assault & Mental Abuse

  Charles in Charge's Alexander Polinsky Accuses Scott Baio of Physical Assault & Mental Abuse New allegations against Scott Baio surfaced Wednesday from another one of his Charles in Charge costars: Alexander Polinsky. Polinsky, 43, provided a statement to The Talk which was read out while Nicole Eggert was on the show to talk about her sexual abuse allegations against the actor. Eggert said on the show that Polinsky, who played Adam Powell on Charles in Charge, went with her to file to the police station when she filed a report against Baio and Polinsky also made his own police report supporting her allegations. In addition to supporting the actress’ claims, Polinsky alleged he was physically abused by Baio, 57. His longtime friend and The Talk host Sara Gilbert became emotional reading his statement on his behalf, explaining, “He’s actually a dear friend of mine.” “Working on the set of Charles in Charge from age 11 to 15 was no picnic, it was a toxic environment,” Polinsky said in the statement. “I witnessed Scott Baio acting inappropriately towards Nicole Eggert during my first year of working on the show. I walked in on them together behind the set. Nicole was on Scott’s lap and he did not appreciate my intrusion. He yelled at me and called me various homophobic slurs.” He continued, “Growing up on the show I received regular verbal attacks, mental abuse and I also suffered a physical assault at the hands of Scott Baio. There is no excuse for his behavior. It is abhorrent.

Charles in Charge actor Alexander Polinsky , who played Adam Powell, accused Scott Baio of physical assault, mental abuse and verbally attacking him on the set. Alexander Polinsky (left) and Scott Baio .

Alexander Polinsky , the second former Charles in Charge star to levy claims against Scott Baio , is alleging child abuse and Polinsky is the second person, along with Nicole Eggert, to costarred with Baio in the 1980�s sitcom � Charles in Charge� who have accused him of sexual harassment.

Alexander Polinsky, the second former Charles in Charge star to levy claims against Scott Baio, is alleging child abuse and sexual harassment at the hands of the star of the 1980s family sitcom.

"I was sexually harassed by Scott Baio and ultimately assaulted by him between the ages of 12 to 15 years old," said Polinsky, who spoke out for the first time on Wednesday about his allegations against Baio during a press conference with Hollywood attorney Lisa Bloom.

The pair were joined by Nicole Eggert, Polinsky's Charles in Charge co-star who has accused Baio of sexually abusing her as a minor and who was now on-hand to support Polinsky's claims. Polinsky traced the alleged abuse from Baio back to the child actor's first year working on the show when, at age 11, he walked in on Baio acting "sexual in nature" with 14-year-old Eggert, who was sitting on the adult star's lap.

Nicole Eggert claims Scott Baio has called her repeatedly since she accused him of abuse

  Nicole Eggert claims Scott Baio has called her repeatedly since she accused him of abuse The actress accused her former "Charles in Charge" co-star of molesting her as a teen."I've been getting a lot of harassing phone calls from Mr. Scott Baio, who has been telling me to leave it in the hands of the police," Eggert, 46, told a TMZ cameraman Sunday in Los Angeles. "He's been harassing me so much over the phone.

' Charles in Charge ' Star Alexander Polinsky Accuses Scott Baio of Sexual Abuse . According to the former child star , Baio allegedly exposed himself, threw hot tea in Polinsky ’s face, and pulled down Polinsky ’s pants when he was a minor.

A second Charles In Charge star , Alexander Polinsky , has accused Scott Baio of abusive behavior. Polinsky claimed that the abuse was in retaliation for witnessing Eggert sitting on Baio 's lap, which is when he says the abuse started.

"I was so naive, I innocently hopped on his lap expecting to hear a story about Fonzie or Happy Days," said Polinsky of the TV show's mega-star. "Scott was a hero to me. Instead of telling us a story, he threw me off him angrily calling me a faggot while Nicole laughed."

Alexander Polinsky speaks during a press conference with his attorney Lisa Bloom regarding sexual harassment allegations against Scott Baio at The Bloom Firm on February 14, 2018 in Woodland Hills, California. Polinsky is the second person, along with Nicole Eggert, to costarred with Baio in the 1980’s sitcom “Charles in Charge” who have accused him of sexual harassment. Both Polinsky and Eggert were minors at the time.© (Photo by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images) Alexander Polinsky speaks during a press conference with his attorney Lisa Bloom regarding sexual harassment allegations against Scott Baio at The Bloom Firm on February 14, 2018 in Woodland Hills, California. Polinsky is the second person, along with Nicole Eggert, to costarred with Baio in the 1980’s sitcom “Charles in Charge” who have accused him of sexual harassment. Both Polinsky and Eggert were minors at the time. Polinsky went on to detail "a pattern of abuse that was unrelenting" during his time on the show, which aired in syndication for four years. He said that observing his co-star behaving in such a way with Eggert, someone so close to his age, ultimately sent him into a depression. He now believes the ensuing harassment from Baio was "mental torture" in retaliation to what he had seen.

‘Charles in Charge’ Star Alexander Polinsky Accuses Scott Baio of Sexual Abuse

  ‘Charles in Charge’ Star Alexander Polinsky Accuses Scott Baio of Sexual Abuse Former child star Alexander Polinsky has retained attorney Lisa Bloom to represent him in his fight against Scott Baio, who he claims sexually abused him on the set of their ’80s sitcom “Charles in Charge.” Polinsky is the second Baio accuser to emerge following “Charles in Charge” star Nicole Eggert, who has also alleged Baio sexually abused her as a minor. Eggert is also represented by Bloom. Polinsky will break his silence on Wednesday during a press conference to describe the sexual harassment and abuse he claims he endured at the hands of Baio. Eggert will also attend the press conference to give a short statement.

Alexander Polinsky is alleging child abuse and sexual harassment at the hands of Charles in Charge star Scott Baio , the second of Baio 's co- stars on the hit '80s sitcom to make such claims. The pair were joined by Nicole Eggert, Polinsky 's Charles in Charge co- star , who has accused

Alexander Polinsky adds to accusations against Scott Baio . Fox411: Scott Baio 's ' Charles in Charge ' co- star Alexander Polinsky claims he suffered physical and mental abuse at Baio 's hands while on the show.

According to Polinsky, Baio would describe gay sex acts to Polinsky, share his "sexual conquests with young girls and co-stars" of the show and that homophobic slurs became a "running gag" on set. "Scott pulled down my pants in front of over 100 people," Polinsky said. "Another time, he laughed as he cut a hole in my dressing room and exposed his genitals to me."

One time when the pair were backstage and Polinsky startled Baio, he "assaulted me by throwing a burning hot cup of tea in my face," said Polinsky. Baio later apologized but the alleged abuse continued, behavior that Polinsky called "sexual-themed hazing."

When reading her statement, Eggert said she felt guilty for not standing up for Polinsky at the time, but said she was enduring her own alleged abuse from Baio and was also a child. Polinsky said adults on set were aware of what was happening, but believes they were silent for fear out of losing their jobs.

After vocalizing his support for his former co-star when Eggert and Baio first went public with their sides of the story last month, Polinsky filed a report with the Los Angeles Police sexual assault unit on Feb. 6, both as a witness for Eggert and of his own claims against Baio.

Inmate drugs twin brother in brazen escape from prison

  Inmate drugs twin brother in brazen escape from prison A prisoner in a Peru jail allegedly drugged his twin brother, changed his clothes and walked out a free man – leaving his brother in his place.A prisoner in a Peru jail allegedly drugged his twin brother, changed into his clothes and walked out a free man, authorities said.

Former child star Alexander Polinsky has accused actor Scott Baio of abusing him on the set of the 1980s TV show " Charles in Charge ." In a statement, Polinsky said, "Growing up on the show I received regular verbal attacks

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA/AP) – A second child actor on the 1980s show “ Charles in Charge ” has accused Scott Baio of sexual misconduct. The now 43-year-old Alexander Polinsky , who played Adam Powell on the long-running sitcom

Nicole Eggert (C) speaks during a press conference with Alexander Polinsky (L) and attorney Lisa Bloom regarding sexual harassment allegations against Scott Baio at The Bloom Firm on February 14, 2018 in Woodland Hills, California. Polinsky is the second person, along with Nicole Eggert, to costarred with Baio in the 1980’s sitcom “Charles in Charge” who have accused him of sexual harassment. Both Polinsky and Eggert were minors at the time.© (Photo by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images) Nicole Eggert (C) speaks during a press conference with Alexander Polinsky (L) and attorney Lisa Bloom regarding sexual harassment allegations against Scott Baio at The Bloom Firm on February 14, 2018 in Woodland Hills, California. Polinsky is the second person, along with Nicole Eggert, to costarred with Baio in the 1980’s sitcom “Charles in Charge” who have accused him of sexual harassment. Both Polinsky and Eggert were minors at the time. On Wednesday, Eggert and Bloom said that, including Polinsky, at least 10 on-set witnesses spoke to police about Eggert's claims, including one person who witnessed Baio allegedly dragging Eggert around set by her hair. While Eggert and Polinsky are asking for a public apology from Baio, Bloom said any criminal consequences are now under the LAPD's jurisdiction.

"Child abuse takes many forms," said Bloom, who added that the LAPD is now taking reports of all sexual assault incidents regardless of when it happened. "For little boys, child abuse can often mean homophobic slurs. Child abuse hurts, it deforms, it teaches children they are trash. Today is about rejecting all of that and it's about standing up against child abuse."

She also encouraged others to do what Polinsky has done for Eggert: "If you have information that can help someone who is going alone, please reach out. Contact a lawyer, find out your legal rights and consider telling your story, too. It is never too late to speak your truth. If nothing else, your story will be on record if someone else comes forward."

Inside the Fight for ‘Transparent': Jill Soloway’s Turmoil Over Jeffrey Tambor

  Inside the Fight for ‘Transparent': Jill Soloway’s Turmoil Over Jeffrey Tambor Soloway prepared multiple storylines to suit several possible Amazon decisions about TamborTambor's dismissal is a move that echoes that of numerous Hollywood men who stand accused of inappropriate workplace behavior -- which Tambor vehemently denies -- but Soloway hoped for a scenario that would satisfy his accusers and allow him to finish his work as trans matriarch Maura Pfefferman, numerous insiders said.

‘ Charles In Charge ’ Actor Alexander Polinsky Accuses Scott … Bloom said during the press conference that Baio ’s homophobic taunts toward Polinsky and the pulling down of the boy’s pants constituted sexual harassment.

When child actor Alexander Polinsky first walked in on Scott Baio allegedly molesting Nicole Eggert on the set of " Charles in Charge ," he had no idea what he'd stumbled upon – or the "unrelenting" abuse that would follow, he said Wednesday.

Baio has denied Eggert's claims; he previously said Eggert and Polinsky had "decided to team up against" him and told them both to go to the police if they had legitimate claims.

"This is a lesson to be careful of what you wish for," said Bloom. "Scott did say Nicole should go to the police. Not only did Nicole [do so], Alexander also went to the police."

Polinsky, who played Eggert's on-screen brother on the 1980s syndicated family sitcom, had previously released a statement saying, "Growing up on the show, I received regular verbal attacks, mental abuse and I also suffered a physical assault at the hands of Scott Baio. There is no excuse for this behavior. It is abhorrent. Both Nicole and I were minors. We deserved safe passage to do our jobs and also be kids." He continued, "The cycle of abuse must stop. Even 30 years after the acts, they still matter.'

In that original statement, he had said that after witnessing Baio "acting inappropriately" with Eggert, Baio yelled at him and called him "various homophobic slurs."

Baio is set to hold his own press conference with his lawyer in response later on Wednesday. His spokesperson told TMZ on Tuesday, "Nicole Eggert, Alexander Polinsky and their attorney have brought a media circus to town, complete with false allegations, misleading insinuations, and pure sleaze mongering. If they wish to have a public conversation about their histories and movies, it will present a very different picture of why they are making these allegations."

Eggert and Polinsky, who each referred to Baio as a "tyrant" when describing their time with him on set, said they hadn't shared their complete stories with each other until recently. "There's a lot we kept inside over the years because of pain," said Polinsky.

Still, the pair want an apology from Baio and dismissed questions about his planned news conference. "I don't think that anything I've seen from him seems to make any sense," she said. "I think the truth is hitting him and I think the truth looks obvious when he is confronted with all the accusations."

Polinsky said that Baio called him 10 years ago to apologize for "very basic things he had said," but that he wasn't ready to have that conversation. "He abused me in public in front of hundreds of people, I would like a public apology," Polinsky added.

John Oliver, HBO Beat Coal Executive's Defamation Lawsuit .
The 'Last Week Tonight' host was within his First Amendment rights to criticize a coal baron and his company, the court found.Days after returning from his Last Week Tonight winter hiatus, John Oliver has emerged victorious from a legal fight with the subject of one of his segments.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!