The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later

Entertainment 'Bachelorette' Contestant Convicted of Indecent Assault and Battery

22:30  13 june  2018
22:30  13 june  2018 Source:   hollywoodreporter.com

Bachelorette Contestant Lincoln Adim Lied About Assault & Battery Conviction, Says Warner Bros.

  Bachelorette Contestant Lincoln Adim Lied About Assault & Battery Conviction, Says Warner Bros. <p>Bachelorette contestant Lincoln Adim lied about his indecent assault and battery conviction, Warner Bros. says.</p>In a statement obtained by PEOPLE on Tuesday, the studio behind the ABC reality series says, “No one on The Bachelorette production had any knowledge about the incident or charges when Lincoln Adim was cast, and he himself denied ever having engaged in or having been charged with any sexual misconduct.

One of Becca Kufrin‘s Bachelorette contestants was convicted of indecent assault and battery — just days before the season premiered last month. Lincoln Adim, who has yet to be eliminated on the show

Lincoln Adim, a contestant on The Bachelorette , was found guilty of indecent assault and battery for groping and assaulting a woman two years ago. He was convicted on May 21 this year, though according to a statement from the Suffolk County District Attorney’s office

a man wearing a suit and tie smiling at the camera© Provided by The Hollywood Reporter

A contestant currently appearing on ABC's The Bachelorette was convicted of indecent assault and battery last month stemming from a 2016 incident in Boston, The Hollywood Reporter can confirm.

Lincoln Adim, one of 28 men competing on Becca Kufrin's cycle of the reality dating competition, was convicted of indecent assault and battery for groping and assaulting an adult female on a harbor cruise ship, according to a statement from the Suffolk County District Attorney’s office.

Adim was convicted on May 21 — one week before The Bachelorette premeired — and sentenced to one year in a house of correction. The incident in question occured May 30, 2016.

NFL player Clay Harbor updates his status after suffering injury on 'The Bachelorette'

  NFL player Clay Harbor updates his status after suffering injury on 'The Bachelorette' Harbor was injured while playing football on a television dating showDuring a group date on Monday night's episode, a football game broke out (as it does) and while stiff-arming an opponent to the ground Harbor got hurt. We know this because he said, "I got injured playing football on 'The Bachelorette,' adding: "That's pretty funny.

Troubling new information has surfaced about The Bachelorette contestant Lincoln Adim. According to a report from spoiler blogger Reality Steve, the Los Angeles, California native was convicted of indecent assault and battery in May 21, 2018.

If convicted of indecent assault and battery on a child under age 14, the defendant will face up to ten years in state prison, or up to two and one-half years in the house of corrections. Conviction may also require the defendant to register as a sex offender.

"The judge ordered him to stay away from the victim and attend three Alcoholics Anonymous meetings per week during those two years," reads the statement to THR. "If he complies with the judge’s orders, he will not have to serve out his term, but if he fails to comply with those orders or re-offends, he could be ordered to serve out the year behind bars. By law, he is expected to register as a sex offender."

The news is the second controversy to hit the current season. In the show's debut week, early frontrunner Garrett Yrigoyen came under fire for offensive social media behavior, spurring conversation about the long-running show's vetting process. On the last cycle of The Bachelorette with Rachel Lindsay, racist tweets from a contestant were unearthed while the show was airing, ultimately causing the show to announce a change in its vetting process after that season finished airing.

Bill Cosby's Wife Camille Is Not Leaving Him: Rep Insists There Are 'No Issues in the Marriage'

  Bill Cosby's Wife Camille Is Not Leaving Him: Rep Insists There Are 'No Issues in the Marriage' &nbsp;Bill Cosby and his wife of 54 years, Camille Cosby, are not divorcing, according to his rep. Andrew Wyatt tells PEOPLE that the Radar Online report that the two are headed for a split — and that Camille has moved out of the Philadelphia home where the convicted comedian remains on house arrest — is a “ridiculous story from an egregious publication.” “The accusations they have made in their tabloid are absolutely false,” says Wyatt. “Mrs. and Mr. Cosby are not getting divorced and she’s with him in the Philadelphia home as we speak.” “No issues in the marriage, no issues with the children,” continues Wyatt. “These children are grown women in their 40s and 50s. These are not kids. These are not little kids running away from their father.” “It’s amazing how people can make things up,” adds Wyatt, who says Radar Online never reached out to him for comment ahead of publishing its story Wednesday. Cosby, 80, and Camille, 74, wed in January 1954. They share daughters Erika, 53, Erinn, 51, and Evin, 41. (Son Ennis died at age 27 after being fatally shot during an attempted carjacking in January 1997; daughter Ensa died at age 44 from renal disease on Feb. 23, 2018.) On April 26, the comedian was found guilty of drugging and sexually assaulting former Temple University employee Andrea Constand in January 2004 — marking the first high-profile criminal conviction of the #MeToo era.

In order to convict a defendant of indecent assault and battery on a person fourteen or older in violation of G.L.c. 265, section 13H, the government is required to prove the following four elements of the crime beyond a reasonable doubt

Indecent assault and battery is a serious crime and a conviction carries the possibility of prison time and registration as a sex offender. In order to convict a defendant of indecent assault and battery , the Commonwealth must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that

The Bachelorette is currently three weeks into its season. The cycle began filming in March and wrapped mid-May. The competition eliminates contestants each week and Adim is still in the competition. The Bachelorette airs its next episode on Monday.

ABC declined comment; producers Warner Bros. TV did not immediately respond to THR's request.

Franchise spoiler blogger Reality Steve was first to report the news, which was shared on social media by former Bachelor contestant Ashley Spivey.

7-month-old girl found safe in NC after being abducted by sex offender in Virginia .
<p>Police have found the 7-month-old girl abducted Sunday in Danville, Virginia, by her father, a convicted sex offender from Asheboro, North Carolina. Emma Grace Kennedy appears to be in good health and is being evaluated in a local hospital, Danville police said.</p><p></p>Emma Grace Kennedy appears to be in good health and is being evaluated in a local hospital, Danville police said.

Source: http://us.pressfrom.com/news/entertainment/-154939-bachelorette-contestant-convicted-of-indecent-assault-and-battery/

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!