The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later

Sport MMA star McGregor says he regrets Brooklyn melee

19:04  14 june  2018
19:04  14 june  2018 Source:   ap.org

Conor McGregor court update? No real update; ex-UFC champ’s hearing moved to July 26

  Conor McGregor court update? No real update; ex-UFC champ’s hearing moved to July 26 Conor McGregor's future - in and out of the cage - got little resolution today. The former UFC champion today was in Brooklyn Criminal Court following an April attack on a bus at UFC 223.However, as had been expected, McGregor's (21-3 MMA, 9-1 UFC) appearance was brief and simply saw the scheduling of his next court appearance, which is now set for July 26.The hearing lasted a little more than a minute.

MMA fighter Conor McGregor walks out of the 78th police precinct after charges were laid against him following a late night melee in the Brooklyn borough of New York The MMA star had surrendered to police on Thursday evening‚ soon after a video of the fracas at Brooklyn ’s Barclay Center went viral.

NEW YORK (Reuters) – Mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor was freed by a New York choose on The MMA star had surrendered to police on Thursday night, quickly after a video of the fracas at Brooklyn ’s Check Also. Milwaukee Bucks’ Sterling Brown says he felt ‘defenseless’ during arrest.

Mixed martial arts figher Conor McGregor is escorted by court officers as he leaves a Brooklyn Supreme court, Thursday, June 14, 2018, in New York. McGregor is in plea negotiations to resolve charges stemming from a backstage melee at a Brooklyn arena. The 29-year-old Irish fighter and co-defendant Cian Cowley remained free on bail after a brief court appearance on Thursday. They are due back in court July 26. (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer)© The Associated Press Mixed martial arts figher Conor McGregor is escorted by court officers as he leaves a Brooklyn Supreme court, Thursday, June 14, 2018, in New York. McGregor is in plea negotiations to resolve charges stemming from a backstage melee at a Brooklyn arena. The 29-year-old Irish fighter and co-defendant Cian Cowley remained free on bail after a brief court appearance on Thursday. They are due back in court July 26. (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer)

NEW YORK — Mixed martial arts star Conor McGregor expressed regret on Thursday for a backstage melee at a Brooklyn arena, and is in plea negotiations to resolve charges in the case.

Ewan McGregor to Star in ‘Shining’ Sequel (EXCLUSIVE)

  Ewan McGregor to Star in ‘Shining’ Sequel (EXCLUSIVE) Ewan McGregor will star as Danny Torrance in Warner Bros.’ adaptation of the Stephen King novel “Dr. Sleep,” the sequel to horror classic “The Shining.” Sources say King has given his blessing to McGregor’s casting. Mike Flanagan, who helmed Netflix’s adaptation of the King novella “Gerald’s Game,” is directing. Flanagan’s producing partner Trevor Macy will produce along with Vertigo Entertainment’s Jon Berg. Warner Bros. Ewan McGregor will star as Danny Torrance in Warner Bros.’ adaptation of the Stephen King novel “Dr. Sleep,” the sequel to horror classic “The Shining.

MMA fighter Conor McGregor exits after appearing in a Brooklyn court on charges of assault stemming from a melee , in New York April 6, 2018. The sport’s best-known athlete and an international star , McGregor , 29, appeared before a Kevin Lee says Conor McGregor no threat.

Irish fighter Conor McGregor , 29, who is in plea negotiations after a melee at an arena, says he regrets getting into trouble. 16:46, UK, Thursday 14 June 2018. Image: Mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor has appeared in court in Brooklyn .

money
Grow Your Savings Faster with these offers
Build Your Nest Egg
Sponsored by MSN Money

The 29-year-old Irish fighter and co-defendant Cian Cowley remained free on bail after a brief court appearance.

Assistant District Attorney Janet Gleeson said the case hasn't been presented to a grand jury for possible indictment because of the plea negotiations, signaling interest from all sides in resolving the matter swiftly.

The men marched into court in tight blue suits, and passed a gallery packed with reporters and other defendants waiting for their hearings. They stood and said little during the appearance.

"I regret my actions that led me here today," McGregor said outside court afterward. "I understand the seriousness of this matter and I'm hopeful to get it resolved soon."

Video footage showed McGregor hurling a hand truck at a bus full of fighters after a press conference for UFC 223 at Barclays Center in April.

Fighters Michael Chiesa and Ray Borg were injured by shattered glass and unable to compete.

McGregor cheered the 25-year-old Cowley on Saturday as he fought in Belfast; they flew to the U.S. together on a private jet for the hearing.

Cowley said after the fight that he was hoping to get the case "out of the way."

They are due back in court July 26.

Manchin says he regrets Clinton support, could back Trump in 2020 .
Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., said in an interview published Tuesday that he regrets backing Hillary Clinton in 2016, and hinted that he could back President Trump’s re-election in 2020 -- as he looks to fend off a Republican challenger in November. In an interview with Politico, Manchin said that he urged the doomed Democrat in 2016 not to travel to the coal-rich state after she said she planned “to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!