The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later

US Nearly 20 Chicago elementary school students hospitalized after gas leak

02:05  23 may  2018
02:05  23 may  2018 Source:   foxnews.com

Oklahoma school swapping Robert E. Lee name for another Lee

  Oklahoma school swapping Robert E. Lee name for another Lee Education officials say an Oklahoma City school will no longer be named after Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee. But the decision won't require much of a name change.The Oklahoma City School Board agreed Monday that Lee Elementary School would now be named after Adelaide Lee, an Oklahoma philanthropist. The school district says she empowered women and children with access to education and day care services.The board also unanimously voted to replace the names of schools named after two other Confederate generals: Stonewall Jackson and Stand Watie.

Seventeen Chicago , Illinois, elementary school students and one teacher were hospitalized Tuesday following a potential gas leak in the area, according to a local report. Officials reportedly checked the building's gas meter but said nothing was detected.

CHICAGO -- More than 70 students and several adults were hospitalized Friday, after a faulty boiler led to a carbon monoxide leak at a Jefferson Park elementary school , CBS Chicago reports.

a brick building: Seventeen students and one teacher at Sidney Sawyer Elementary school in Chicago, Illinois, were reportedly were hospitalized Tuesday following a potential gas leak in the area. © Provided by Fox News Seventeen students and one teacher at Sidney Sawyer Elementary school in Chicago, Illinois, were reportedly were hospitalized Tuesday following a potential gas leak in the area.

Seventeen Chicago, Illinois, elementary school students and one teacher were hospitalized Tuesday following a potential gas leak in the area, according to a local report.

An "escape of gas" was reported outside Sidney Sawyer Elementary School and the students and teacher were evacuated as a precaution, WMAQ-TV reported, citing the Chicago Fire Department.

Spokesman Larry Langford told the news station a gas company was working outside the school and some students smelled gas and were sickened.

Officials reportedly checked the building's gas meter but said nothing was detected.

Girl, 14, posts photo holding dad's rifle with message, 'Don't worry, I won't shoot up Lane (Tech High School)' .
A Chicago firefighter is facing gun violations after his 14-year-old daughter posted a photo of herself with an assault-style rifle and the message, "Don't worry, I won't shoot up Lane (Tech High School)." The 60-year-old firefighter was issued two citations: failure to properly secure a weapon from a minor and possession of an assault rifle in the city, where such weapons are banned. The Tribune is not naming the firefighter to protect the identity of his daughter who was not charged.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!