US This Mother Is Suing a Hospital for Millions After She Accidentally Killed Her Son

01:20  11 august  2017
01:20  11 august  2017 Source:   Time

Family of bullied girl to sue school district over suicide

  Family of bullied girl to sue school district over suicide ROSELAND, N.J. — The family of a 12-year-old New Jersey girl who killed herself said Tuesday it will sue her school district for not stepping in to address the problem of cyberbullying.An attorney for the family of Mallory Grossman said he will file a notice of intent to sue the Rockaway Township school district for negligence. The notice is a required precursor to the filing of a lawsuit.Mallory took her own life in June after months of bullying by several of her classmates, in person and through social media, her mother, Dianne Grossman, said Tuesday.Attorney Bruce Nagel said some of the messages were "vile and malicious.

A mother is suing an Ontario hospital for neglect after her premature baby's skull was fractured when a nurse fell asleep while feeding him and dropped the baby boy. Kelsey Bond, 19, from Marmora

San Francisco | Andrea Benenacci, the mother of a 16-year-old teenager who recently received a flu shot at San Francisco General Hospital , is suing the hospital after she noticed extreme changes in her son ’s sexual preferences.

Jacob Thompson© courtesy of Diego Conde—Conde Law Group Jacob Thompson

A mother in Oregon is suing Portland Adventist Medical Center for $8.6 million after she accidentally smothered her four-day-old baby in a hospital bed.

Monica Thompson says that, a few days after her son Jacob was born in August 2012, the hospital put her newborn in bed with her so she could breastfeed him. But Thompson says in the lawsuit that the baby was put there in the middle of the night, while she was heavily medicated. Thompson drifted off, and when she woke up, Jacob was unresponsive.

Jacob suffered severe brain damage and was placed on life support, according to the lawsuit. After six days, doctors told the parents the baby’s comatose state was irreversible. The parents pulled their son from life support when he was 10 days old.

Man U player introduces himself to new team by accidentally kicking a ball into fan’s face

  Man U player introduces himself to new team by accidentally kicking a ball into fan’s face Nemanja Matic could be a game-changing signing for Manchester United this season. Consistency has been an issue for him, but at his best, Matic is a tall, strong, midfield destroyer that will be worth every penny of the $50 million Manchester United paid Chelsea for him this summer. He made his friendly debut for Man U this week in a 2-1 victory over Sampdoria and looked very good. Manager Jose Mourinho even went so far as to call him a "genius."Mourinho on Matic, "This is Matic, to play simple in that position to me is genius. He makes the ball run and the team run." pic.twitter.

San Francisco | Andrea Benenacci, the mother of a 16-year-old teenager who recently received a flu shot at San Francisco General Hospital , is suing the hospital after she noticed extreme changes in her son ’s sexual preferences.

This Account has been suspended.

The lawsuit was filed last week in Multnomah County Circuit Court.

Kristi Spurgeon Johnson, a spokeswoman for Portland Adventist Medical Center, told The Oregonianthis week the hospital could not comment on the lawsuit until the hospital had a chance to review it. The hospital also declined to comment on its policy about newborns sharing beds with their mothers.

But the Adventist Health website features “Health Tip” posts about keeping newborns safe, including one tip that reads “child care experts say it’s dangerous for infants to sleep in the same bed with their parents.” The American Academy of Pediatrics has recommended against bed sharing, according to TheOregonian.

Thompson, who is suing both the hospital and the individual nurse involved in the incident, said she was “still drowsy and groggy” from her medication when she realized her son was not moving, her lawsuit states. The suit says Thompson called for a nurse, and when none came, she “carried her son to the hallway and frantically yelled for help.”

Lawsuit: Boy was punched, knocked unconscious during class

  Lawsuit: Boy was punched, knocked unconscious during class NEW HAVEN, Conn. — A Connecticut mother is suing New Haven schools, saying administrators did nothing when her seventh-grade son was bullied and knocked unconscious during class.The lawsuit says the boy was bullied for several years at Barnard Environmental Magnet School. The New Haven Register reports (http://bit.ly/2wdDBEJ ) that the suit alleges the mother repeatedly notified staff at the school about the bullying.The lawsuit says the boy was punched in the face and knocked unconscious in December 2016, resulting in facial injuries, a concussion, headaches, severe emotional distress and suicidal thoughts.

Error 404: Page Not Found. Unborn child saves her mother 's life and give reason to live.

Powerball Winner, Marie Holmes Is Being Sued By Her Pastor For Million Dollars. 15-Year-Old BackPage Prostitute Sentenced To 9-years In Prison. Woman makes shocking confession on Facebook, after finding out her downlow husband gave her HIV.

“I am sharing our story in the hopes that no mother or family will ever have to suffer through a preventable tragedy such as this. What happened to us could have easily been prevented had the nurses been doing their job,” Thompson said in a statement through her lawyer.

The lawsuit seeks damages for the baby’s “desperation and anxiety” as he suffocated and for Thompson’s “severe emotional distress upon unintentionally killing her firstborn child.” It also asks for damages to cover medical and counseling expenses for depression and post-traumatic stress disorder, which Thompson says were caused by the death of her son.

This article was originally published on TIME.com

British-Australian boy, 7, killed in Barcelona rampage .
A British-Australian boy aged seven who had been reported as missing by his grandfather was killed in the vehicle rampage in Barcelona, his family and Spanish officials said Sunday. Julian Cadman was among 14 people killed in the twin assaults in Spain, according to Catalonia's civil protection agency, which also confirmed on Twitter the deaths of an Italian and a Belgian national.In a heart-wrenching statement, Julian's family described him as "a much loved and adored member of our family"."As he was enjoying the sights of Barcelona with his mother, Julian was sadly taken from us.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!