World Israel warns Gaza militants against revenge attack

16:40  12 november  2017
16:40  12 november  2017 Source:   AFP

ISIS Claims Responsibility for NYC Truck Attack, Without Evidence

  ISIS Claims Responsibility for NYC Truck Attack, Without Evidence The terror group Islamic State claimed responsibility for a terror attack in Manhattan that killed 8 people, but gave no evidence to back its claim.The terrorist group Islamic State in a newsletter claimed responsibility for the attack in New York City this week that left eight people dead, although it provided no evidence to back up the claim.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday warned Palestinian militants against carrying out attacks in revenge for the blowing up of a tunnel reportedly stretched from the Gaza Strip into the Jewish state last month.

An Israeli general has warned Palestinian militants against carrying out attacks in revenge for the blowing up of a tunnel stretching from the Gaza Strip into the Jewish state last month.

An Israeli general has warned fighters from the Islamic Jihad movement, shown here at a funeral for comrades killed in an Israeli operation to blow up a tunnel stretching from the Gaza Strip into Israel, against any revenge attack © Provided by AFP An Israeli general has warned fighters from the Islamic Jihad movement, shown here at a funeral for comrades killed in an Israeli operation to blow up a tunnel stretching from the Gaza Strip into Israel, against any revenge attack

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday warned Palestinian militants against carrying out attacks in revenge for the blowing up of a tunnel stretching from the Gaza Strip into the Jewish state last month.

The Islamic Jihad militant group meanwhile threatened to hit back at Israel over the destruction of the tunnel it says it dug.

Israel's operation on October 30 resulted in the deaths of 12 Palestinian militants from Hamas and Islamic Jihad.

Macron warns looming military defeat of IS 'not the end'

  Macron warns looming military defeat of IS 'not the end' French President Emmanuel Macron said Thursday that the Islamic State group faced complete military defeat in Iraq and Syria within months but warned the battle against jihadism would go on. He was speaking after Syrian troops and allied militiamen broke into the IS-held town of Albu Kamal on the Iraqi border, edging closer to ousting the jihadists from their last urban stronghold in the country following their loss of Deir Ezzor, Mayadeen and their de facto capital Raqa.

An Israeli general has warned Palestinian militants against carrying out attacks in revenge for the blowing up of a tunnel stretching from the Gaza Strip into the Jewish state last month.

Israel has said it is holding the bodies of five militants retrieved from the tunnel and implied it would try to use them as bargaining chips to retrieve the remains of two Israeli soldiers believed held by Hamas.

"There are still those who toy with trying new attacks on Israel," Netanyahu said at the opening of his weekly cabinet meeting.

"We will react forcefully to whoever tries to attack us or attacks us from any arena. I mean anyone -- rebel factions, organisations, anyone," he said in an apparent reference to Islamic Jihad.

"In any case, we hold Hamas responsible for any attack against us originating from Gaza or organised there," he said of the Islamist group that runs the Gaza Strip.

Netanyahu's remarks came on the heels of a Saturday night Arabic-language video issued by Major General Yoav Mordechai, head of a defence ministry unit responsible for activities in the Palestinian territories.

Referring to the Israeli operation on October 30, he said that Israel "destroyed a terror tunnel in Israeli sovereign territory".

IS militants evacuate last stronghold in Syria

  IS militants evacuate last stronghold in Syria The government offensive has effectively left the extremist group's fighters dispersed in villages and small towns in the desert. The Syrian military declared the town liberated after intense battles that killed a large number of militants, including leaders. The military said they are still chasing other IS militants in different directions in the desert.

JERUSALEM: An Israeli general has warned Palestinian militants against carrying out attacks in revenge for the blowing up of a tunnel stretching from the Gaza Strip into the Jewish state last month.

Nasrallah: 10 days ago, in the south, Israel helped militant groups in attack towards the Druze village Hadar. Fatah's Azzam al-Ahmad in stern warning to Hamas: The Palestinian Authority is the sole legitimate entity responsible for security in the West Bank and Gaza , and any other armed force is not

"We are aware of the plot that the Palestinian Islamic Jihad terror group is planning against Israel," said Mordechai, whose defence ministry unit is known as COGAT.

"They are playing with fire at the expense of Gazan residents, the Palestinian reconciliation efforts and the stability of the entire region.

"Let it be clear: Any attack by Islamic Jihad will be met with a harsh and determined Israeli response.

"This will not only apply to Islamic Jihad but also to Hamas."

Mordechai also addressed the Damascus-based Islamic Jihad leadership, mentioning Ramadan Shalah and Ziad Nakhaleh by name.

He called on them to "take control over the situation," as they are the ones "who will be held accountable" for any attack.

Islamic Jihad rejected Mordechai's message, saying "the enemy's threat to target the leaders of the movement" was "a declaration of war".

"We will respond to it," the militant movement said in a Sunday statement, stressing it had "the right to respond" to the blowing up of the tunnel.

Israel has said it is holding the bodies of five militants retrieved from the tunnel and implied it would try to use them as bargaining chips to retrieve the remains of two Israeli soldiers believed to be held by Hamas.

Two Israeli civilians, said to be mentally unstable, are also believed to have entered Gaza and to be held by Hamas.

Hamas and Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas's Fatah signed a landmark reconciliation deal on October 12 aiming to end their decade-long split.

The deal is supposed to see the Palestinian Authority retake control of the Gaza Strip by December 1.

Strange: 'Highly unlikely' I'll run a write-in campaign against Moore .
Sen. Luther Strange (R-Ala.) said it is "highly unlikely" that he will stage a write-in campaign against Roy Moore in the Alabama Senate special election, according to multiple media reports. Luther Strange says a write-in candidacy "highly unlikely.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!